Dr. Tran Thi Que Giang
Dr. Trần Thị Quế Giang is a Senior Lecturer in Finance, Development Finance and Project Appraisal at The Fulbright School. She holds a PhD in Management Sciences, a Master's Degree in Finance and a Bachelor Degree in Applied Economics, major in Finance, from Paris Dauphine University. Her research interests include banking regulation, corporate governance, corporate finance and education financing.
- Financial Analysis
- Development Finance
- Appraisal of Public Investment
- The Political Economy of Banking Regulation in Vietnam under the research project titled "Low income countries navigating global banking standards,” supervised by the Global Economic Governance Program at the University of Oxford
- 2018: The Politics of Basel Implementation in Vietnam (OUP, forthcoming)
Academic Conferences & Workshops
- 2017: Workshop on LICs Navigating Global banking standards 7-8 June 2017 at Global Economic Governance Programme, Blavatnik School of Government (Oxford, UK) Presentation: "Basel standards adoption in Vietnam"
- 2016: Workshop on LICs & Global banking standards 7-8 March 2016 at Global Economic Governance Programme, Blavatnik School of Government (Oxford, UK)
- Presentation: "The Political Economy of Banking Regulation in Indochina and the Role of Global Banking Standards"
- 2015: Midwest Finance Association, MFA 2015 Annual Meeting, March 4- 7, 2015 (Chicago, USA)
- Discussant: “Do Bank Regulation and Supervision Matter? International Evidence from the Recent Financial Crisis” (a paper of James R. Barth, Kangbok Lee and Wenling Lu)
- 2014: Global Economic Governance Programme and the Blavatnik School of Government, High-level roundtable on finance, 12th February 2014 (Oxford, United Kingdom), “How are emerging and developing countries affected by monetary and regulatory spillovers from advances economies?”